Posted December 3, 2017
LOGLINE: A recovering heroin addict and estranged brother, father, and son, moves back to his hometown for a fresh start. He must survive a tragic loss and overcome his addiction to see his girls again.
PLOT SUMMARY: Small towns and heroin have one thing in common: Duncan always seem to come back to them. It’s difficult to escape, and he hates himself for leaving as much as returning. Six months ago, Duncan lost everything in Houston: tenured professor track, relationship with his bruised-up sister Jessie and faux posh parents Martha and Ronald, and visitation rights to see his girls on weekends. Now, Duncan’s commitment back home in Prosper, TX is a weekly routine of probation hearings, Narcotics Anonymous meetings, teaching at a local community college, and infant birthday parties. ‘Lily is Here’ is the story of a man that lives for nothing, and the hardest lesson learned through the most tragic family loss.
TITLE: Lily is Here
TYPE: Independent Film
CATEGORY: Short Film
UNION STATUS: Non-Union
DISTRIBUTION: Film Festivals
WRITER: Daniel Wells
PRODUCER: Danny Aguilar, Mark Andrew
PRODUCTION DATE & LOCATION
DATE: TBA 2018
LOCATION: Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX (Surrounding cities)
Accepting “Director” applications
A great application is one who:
– Lives locally in Dallas, TX or relatively close in one of it’s surrounding cities.
– Is able to meet at least once per week in Dallas to guide the production crew from pre-production to post-production.
– Wants to work with an experienced production crew.
– Has directed a short or feature film before.
– Is creative and organized.
– Is wanting to take the next step in their careers alongside others who also want to take the next step.
PAY: Deferred, Non-paid
OTHER: Film Credit, Copy of Film, Meals, Snacks/Beverages
SUBMISSIONS DUE BY: December 9, 2017
INSTRUCTIONS: If interested, please visit www.lilyisherefilm.com to submit an application. If you have any questions, please email the production team at email@example.com and we’ll respond shortly.